This article answers the most important questions on the update wall.
Why an update wall?
For communication purposes concerning a specific activity or initiative:
- to update members on the progress and/or result of initiatives and activities as initiator and/or activity manager. This can be done by text, images or videos;
- to read and receive updates on the progress and/or results of initiatives and activities as a member or visitor of the page;
- to push and receive updates from the initiator and/or activity manager, via email to all contributors and to everyone who placed a message on the update wall;
- to ask questions about the initiative and/or activity, as an interested member.
Where can I find the update wall?
All activity and initiative overview pages contain an update wall.
Who can view the comments on the update wall?
Everyone who is visiting the platform.
Who can place a comment on the update wall?
Anyone who is logged in can place a comment.
Which actions are triggered when a comment is placed?
- When a member places a comment, the activity manager or initiator (when it's the initiative page), will receive email notification of this.
- When a reaction is placed under a comment, the comment owner will receive email notification of this.
- When the initiator or activity manager checks the box "Notify supporters by email", the update message is pushed via email to all contributors and to everyone who placed a message on the wall.
- When the activity manager or initiator places an update, this most recent post will always appear on top of the update wall. Even when others comment, this message will stay on top.
- Extra actions are triggered for crowdfunding campaigns. Please read: How do the comments work on the crowdfunding update wall? "
How do the comments work on the crowdfunding update wall?
All the above information applies for the crowdfunding update wall as well. Additionally, extra wall posts are generated concerning donations.
When a donation is made an automatic message is generated with the donation amount on the update wall. Optionally the supporter can write an accompanying text. Note that:
- unsuccessful donations will disappear from the update wall. Since supporters want to see the direct result of their action, the system doesn't wait for the complete donation process to be finished. Mostly due to credit card payments which can take up to a few weeks to turn out to be successful.
- when a reward is chosen, the title of the reward appears under the amount. See below:
- when an anonymous donation is made this will appear as "Guest supported":